Northop Hall Girls FC Meeting Minutes 26th November 2017

Meeting on Sunday 26th November 2017 7pm to 8.35pm.

Apologies from: Wayne Marcia Philippa Rhys John albiston.

Attending: Mandy Coutts, Mike Jones, Dave Butler (chair), Dan Parsons, Jamie Thomas, Gareth Bale, Dave Cooper, Jonathan Fagan

Minutes of last meeting were approved.

Finance report – Steve Thomas not attending – to be provided separately. Need to check re subs – Steve Thomas has a book to check these off in.

Grants & Donations

U13s have MACP, Hayes Travel and Mark Allen Construction Limited. They have a sponsored tracksuit and coat.

U12s have sponsorship. See last minutes for details.

Easyfundraising – Mike to check but thinks current level £115.

Community chest – £1500. Awaiting confirmation that the last grant has been signed off, although may simply apply. Suggestions for application include getting new goals for the tournaments.

Age Reports

U8s – have not been attending festivals. Stu going to check all ok as no-one has heard from Chris Goble for some time.

U9s -have been at the league festivals.

U10s – all going well – strong side this year. Jonathan busy with the league festivals – recently booked Colwyn Bay (Eirias Park) for 3 dates – NHGFC are going to get billed and we then need to claim this back off the league.

U11s – just about got enough girls. 11s not winning but this is fairly usual due to the age difference.

U12s – struggling with players being available. 15 too many players. League has a lot of teams pulling out. Quite a few teams are not playing games. 12s going to email re meeting where sorting out the teams. Training ok at deeside.

U13s – 13 players – scraping 11 each week. Some teams more sporting than others (!). Wayne working away – Ffion and Will helping one of the parents to coach the team. Lost at the start and got better.

U14s – training at flint. 13 players. Top of the league. All good. Some teams let down with numbers. Raised kit issue – wanting them.

U16s – all fine – good turnout for training – 13-14 to games. Girls enjoying Rowleys Drive.

Ladies – no news but seem to be going well.

Safeguarding – issue arose re another club – Facebook comments about poaching players. All sorted.

Goalkeeping coaching by Fraser – thought it went well – club keen for him to carry on when permits. Club very grateful to Fraser for his time.

League news – meeting re pitches, sizes, player numbers. Dave suggested raising re referees and having paid refs. Whole club agree that need to continue having paid refs.

Pavilion and Pitches

Meeting tomorrow night – future use of Northop Hall Pavilion. Dave sent email re pavilion and email correspondence re teams – 7 teams but a good number not able to play there anymore. Controversy re bill.

Deeside Phoenix – Sarah Griffiths – had chat with Dave Butler – they want to have priority on the pitches. They haven’t yet got the transfer in. We paid £2000 last year to the Pavilion. If Phoenix get the Pavilion they would welcome us but no Saturday mornings which means the Pavilion will be no good to us. At the moment there are no figures for building. Phoenix concerned that no figures. Asset transfer meeting next week.


If Phoenix thing takes place – as a club we will definitely need to move to find new pitches and a base. Booking system isn’t showing who is booking what – not being kept up to date and NHGFC booking requests seem to be ignored at times.

Other options have been mentioned – confidential discussion had re this – if anyone wants details please contact Dave Butler.


U14s info is not correct – need to get it changed. Send out email re amending website for coaches. New badge – add it on.

Tournament – Dave Cooper to speak to Clare at Corus.

Xmas Party

Each team to get £50.


Connahs Quay – lotto kit. £20 a kit. Jonathan suggested we find a supplier to do kit and then tell parents to go down to the store and buy their own. Dave Butler proposes nominating Get Logoed as the club supplier – any parents need kit then go down there and speak to club about reimbursement.

2 years ago all got training coats but getting a bit small now – may need to sort out new jackets at some point.

Mike suggested that we have a pass down session. Jonathan nominated Mike to sort out kit.