Minutes of Northop Hall Girls FC meeting Sunday 17th September 2017
Location: Northop Hall Pavilion.
Present: Dave Butler (chair), Steve Thomas (treasurer, Ladies), Gareth Sharp (u12s), Dave Cooper (u16s), Peter Roberts (u14s), Stu Sigsworth (Secretary), Gareth Sharp (u11s), Mandy Coutts (u10s parent rep), Marcia Grundy (u13s), Jonathan Fagan (u10s), Jamie Thomas (u11s).
Apologies: Philippa Havill (CWO)
Matters at hand:
- Minutes from last meeting – approved. Discussion about posting club finances onto website. Agreed that very important to do so in order to give anyone interested full information about the club and present position.
- Bank account – staying with HSBC – signatures being altered – not yet done but being sorted out this week.
- Northop Hall Pavilion – problems with triple bookings, double bookings and pitches not being available due to longer term arrangements with other clubs that have taken traditional Northop Hall Girls slots. Issues regarding dog mess, dog walking on the pitches, changing rooms not being clean and over use. Discussion had regarding the sheer number of teams going to be using the pitches now and the likelihood of total destruction before Christmas this year! Under 16s now based at Corus, Under 13s at Connahs Quay and Under 11s/12s going to be using Sychdyn and other locations. Under 10s are in discussions with a 3rd party regarding using another pitch. Dave Butler has raised this all with the committee of the Pavilion and rent owing this year will be lower due to much less usage by our teams.
- Dog mess is the responsibility of the individual coaches to locate and remove before matches – Pavilion Committee have indicated this in recent meeting.
- Connahs Quay and Corus both being considered as alternative locations although the club’s general preference is to remain in Northop Hall if at all possible, but coaches will need to book pitches a long time in advance to secure them – something difficult to do when fixtures are only released at a very late stage.
- Referees course – dates awaited, contact awaited. Teams to sort out referees themselves this season.
- Goalkeeping training – Fraser Holland, parent of Saona in the under 11s has very kindly offered to provide some sessions on Monday nights 6-7pm at Northop Hall Pavilion.
- Fundraising ideas:
- Bag pack at Tescos, Morrisons or the Coop – suggested a team volunteers to do this.
- Community Chest – £1,500 application can be made as last project completed and report returned.
- Ten Percent Foundation – £350 donated this season so far – purchase of training equipment for under 10s and under 11s.
- Sponsored walk up Moel Famau – yet again cropped up – suggested kick or throw the ball up.
Volunteers needed to organise all of these – contact Stu Sigsworth.
- League – discussion had regarding recent league news at all levels.
- Treasurers report: Bank account has £2,467.38. Cash amounts awaited. Steve has asked that each team provides him with a list of players so that he can keep track of who has played.
Age Group Reports:
- U8s – not known. Chris Goble not in attendance.
- U9s – 12 girls signed up. At present no training gear and no kit. Planning to run training together with u6-8s. John Albiston going to ensure that one other coach always present or a DBS checked parent. Sessions on Tuesday nights 6.30-7.30pm at Deeside Leisure Centre.
- U10s – 10 girls signed up with one new girl starting. Festival due the following week with 8 teams attending at Northop Hall. Training Wednesday nights at Mold Alun School 6-7pm. Jonathan has been for a meeting with Steve Thomas from Flintshire CC to discuss under 10s football in the area.
- U11s – 12 girls, lot of new starters from Flint after they folded. Training at Hawarden on Mondays 6-7pm from October. No key for toilets. Going to need kit for some of the girls. Jamie Thomas coaching on own but getting parents DBS checked.
- U12s – 16 signed on. Selection headaches! Minibus hire being considered. Dad buying a kit. Away kit being purchased (plus used for training). Deeside Leisure Centre Monday nights 6-7pm. Celsius Trade Supplies is the sponsor.
- U13s – 13 girls registered. Connahs Quay training and matches. Costing £200 a year. Deeside Leisure Centre – Tuesdays 6.30-7.30pm. Wayne doing training with assistance from others. A dad is considering doing Level 1 FAW course. Sponsorship being provided by Hayes Travel, MA Cooper and Mark Allen Construction. Tracksuits and training tops being supplied.
- U14s – 13 girls with 2-3 extras. Clarity with pitches needed – Monday 6-7pm at Flint High School indoors.
- U16s – 14 players plus one extra signing on. Injuries decimating the squad! Using the old Corus club at the moment – very welcoming and encouraging more teams to use it. £200 for the season. Training 8-9pm at Connahs Quay with goalkeeper training the same time. Incident recently in a game regarding opposition parents making comments to coaches during games. Dave Butler asked that all such incidents are reported to him so that they can be actioned with the league.
- Ladies – 22 ladies- 5 wins out of 5. Elys Hughes – ex Northop Hall player has been called up into the full Welsh squad. Thursday night at Mold 7-8pm for training.
Meeting 2 hours.