Location: The Pavilion
Present: Dave Butler (chair), Steve Thomas (treasurer, Ladies), Mike Jones (u11s), Dave Cooper (u16s), Peter Roberts (u13s), Mandy Coutts (u10s Parent Rep), Stu Sigsworth (Secretary), Philippa Havill (CWO), Marcia Grundy (u12s), Jonathan Fagan (u10s).
Apologies: Gareth Sharp (u11s), Alun Thomas (u16s), Jamie Thomas (u10s), Rhys Cooper (u16s), Dan Parsons (u13s), Gary Bell (u14s).
Matters at hand:
- Minutes from last meeting – approved.
- Finances – Steve reports that we have £4,148 in the bank, but there are a number of cheques to pay in. We also have £608.56 in cash.
- Pavilion have asked for their money 1/2 now and then 1/2 in the new year (2018). Steve going to sort this out.
- Easyfundraising.org has raised £35 for the club. Cheque received and due to be banked. Coaches encouraged to tell parents to sign up for this and generate income when shopping online.
- New bank account – not now going to be done. Steve Thomas has spoken to the HSBC and they can enable a number of things to be done online now including changing the signatories.
- Dave Butler proposed we put the names of the shirt sponsors onto the website – this has not yet been done.
- Dave Butler noted that Rhian Bradley has been undertaking extensive fund raising efforts by looking for prizes for a raffle or tombola from the likes of Marks and Spencer and St Davids Park. The committee have noted their thanks to Rhian for her hard work and would like her to become the club fundraising officer if she wants to take the role as she is doing such a good job!
- Wyn’s goals. Still languishing in the garage, but Dave Cooper and Stu Sigsworth have volunteered to take sets and store them in their garages. They will also pick up the goals.
- Team photos – going to be sold on the presentation night – will be on the door. Steve Thomas to sort out at Asda – either taking orders or printing out copies to sell.
Age Group Reports:
- U6s and U8s. Not in attendance.
- U10s – 14 girls. All fine. Tournament season has started!
- U11s – 15 girls, with new goalkeeper. Semifinal of the cup after knocking out Llangefni. All good.
- U12s – league champions! 11 players with 2 more joining. John Ratcliffe has retired and Wayne is taking over.
- U13s – 6th in table. 14 players.
- U16s – 15 girls. Team spirit good. mid table finish.
- Ladies – 19 ladies. Steve speaking to a few experienced players to re-sign for the club.
- Parents’ concerns – the club want parents to either speak to their parent reps or Dave Butler the Chairman with any concerns they may have.
- Referees – 4 signed up for the referee course from the older age groups. Girls to be encouraged to do this course.
- Kit – coaches to make sure all girls leaving have returned their kit by the 1st or 2nd of July. Age groups to retain kit and not let girls move up with it.
- Signing on next season – going to do it by age group rather than en masse!
- Goalkeeping – need to sort out nights – Dave Cooper has suggested Thursday nights 6-7pm at the Pavilion from the 25th May for goalkeeping sessions.
- League news and meetings – Marcia and Stu have volunteered to do the league registrations which is great news as they may get done in good time this year!
- Pavilion meetings – nothing much to report – new air filter going into changing rooms and price for rental for the tournament is £500.
- Philippa is standing down as CWO – the club will need a new CWO to join. Parents encouraged to volunteer.
- Presentation night – all coaches need to have a Managers Player, Players Player, Most Improved and Club Person. Car stickers to be sold on the night. No food – can bring own snacks etc.. Free entry suggested.
- Jamie Thomas to sort out disco for presentation night.
Next meeting to be Sunday 18th June at 7pm at the Pavilion.
Club AGM will be on Wednesday 12th July at 7pm.
Meeting over at 9pm – bit longer tonight – 2 hours (must try harder..).